Rice Cooker With Stainless Steel Inner Pot – Aroma ARC-757SG Review
If you are looking for a rice cooker with stainless steel inner pot, then I recommend you to go with the Aroma ARC-757SG.
The price is pretty affordable when I bought it. It was under $50.00 for the 7 cups of uncooked rice. That should yield you around 14 cups of cooked rice and we only have a family of four.
Do note my kids are still at a growing stage, but I am only using it with 4 cups of uncooked rice at the moment. Eventually, I have to use it to cook more cups of rice. I have been using this model for almost three and a half months already.
My previous rice cooker is a nonstick and is working fine but there is only one problem. The nonstick inner pot coating is peeling off so badly. It also has a lot of scratches. I had this rice cooker for a very long time. It was about 9 years old. I believe it cost me about $130.00. It does have a lot of functions like cooking white and brown rice, porridge, sushi rice and others.
If you are seeing scratches and peeling off on the non stick inner pot that means it is time for you to either buy a brand new rice cooker or if it is possible then buy a replacement for the inner bowl. I really wish I had this option before buying this stainless steel one. Sadly I couldn’t find a replacement for it, because they don’t make that model anymore.
If you are continuing to use the inner bowl with scratches and peeling off ones, it might not be healthy for your body to consume it. That is the biggest reason why I switched to the stainless steel kind. If I didn’t go with this one I would most likely get another non stick one, like the Zojirushi brand.
Just to let you know there is a smaller size for this model. If you have a smaller family then you should go with the three cups of uncooked rice and that would give you about 6 cups of cooked rice. It is more for a family of two. Click here to check out the cook up to 3 cups of uncooked rice maker.
Table of Contents
What I Like About This Aroma Cooker?
There are a lot of things I like about this rice cooker, so I decided to list them here for you to take a look.
- The price is very affordable. It costs way less than my previous non stick rice cooker.
- Not to mention it looks pretty nice with a white color body.
- It is super simple to use and pretty much you really don’t need to read the instruction manual to figure it out if you have operated a rice cooker before.
- It has a keep warm function to keep your cooked rice hot if you are not ready to eat it when it is done.
- The lid is made out of glass so you can be able to see how the rice is cooking. The lid is easy for washing because is it detachable.
- Can be used to cook brown rice, soup and stew or chili as well even though I haven’t tried it yet. Cooking brown rice does take more time and water to cook. That means the cooking capacity for brown rice will be less than white rice.
- You can stream your dishes at the same time of cooking the rice. Of course you can do both of them separately. If you need to steam your food, you would have to buy the steam tray separately. It doesn’t come with this purchase. You can find it by clicking here. If you are wondering if I also bought the steam tray, the answer to that is yes, but I don’t use it that often. The steam tray is also made with stainless steel and only fits with this model.
Can I Buy Replacement Parts?
Yes, all the parts can be replaced with this model, such as the inner pot, wooden spatula and measuring cup. You can even buy a steam tray if you want to. All the parts can be found from the official Aroma website.
If for whatever reason you lost your measuring cup, I suggest you to buy a replacement for the measuring cup and don’t use any extra one that you might have such as from your previous cooker.
That measuring cup most likely is not accurate. You have to use the same one they have provided for you. If you are not doing so, the outcome of your cooked rice might not pleasant. It might cause it to undercook, overcook or even be watery.
How To Use This Aroma Model?
This rice cooker is simple to use. If you want to know how I use it, here are the following steps I do every time I cook my rice.
- Put the number cups of uncooked rice that you are planning to cook in the inner pot. I usually put 4 cups of rice.
- Wash it with water several times until the water is clear. It’s about 4 to 5 times, and drain the water each time.
- Add the water level to the same amount of cups of rice in the pot. The bowl has imprinted the water level to let you know where it should be. For example, I put 4 cups uncooked rice so I have to put water in the level of 4 on the line.
- Dry the outside and the bottom of the inner pot thoroughly with either a paper towel or a towel. If not it might damage the rice cooker.
- Put the inner bowl in the cooker and press the button to cook.
The amount of time it needs to finish cooking is depending on the amount of rice you cooked. In my case it takes about 20 minutes or so. I timed it myself. If you need to know the estimate time for the rice to be finished cooking then look at the below chart.
Stainless Steel Rice Washing Bowl
I would also like to mention, if you are having a hard time washing your rice in a normal bowl or with the inner pot then may I suggest a rice washing bowl?
It is designed to wash rice. It will make washing rice so much faster and best of all it will prevent the rice from falling out into the sink.
The washing rice bowl from the right image is made with stainless steel. It has tiny little holes on the side for the water to drain out. It can hold up to 3 quarts of rice.
The bowl doesn’t limit to only washing rice. It can be used to wash a lot of things like, vegetables, legumes, quinoa and others. Click the picture on the right to read more about it.
How Long Does It Take To Cook The White Rice?
Some of you might like to know what is the estimated time for this rice cooker to be finished cooking. To be honest the time is super fast for me. At least faster than my previous non stick rice cooker, even faster than using the quick cook function. I think my previous cooker took about 30 minutes with the same amount of uncooked rice.
The estimated time from this chart is for cooking white rice only. If you need to see the brown rice estimated time please scroll a little bit down this page.
Water Line Inside Pot
Cooked Rice Yield
15 to 20 Minutes
17 to 23 Minutes
20 to 25 Minutes
22 to 27 Minutes
25 to 30 Minutes
27 to 32 Minutes
The following estimated cooking time chart is for the brown rice only and it will tell you how much water should be added to the inner pot to cook brown rice. The lines imprinted on the inner bowl are meant for cooking white rice for the water level. So don’t use that for adding the water level when cooking brown rice. To add the correct amount of water into the inner bowl use the provided measuring cups for cooking brown rice.
Water Measuring Cup
Cooked Rice Yield
35 to 40 Minutes
4 1/4 Cups
40 to 45 Minutes
5 1/2 Cups
42 to 47 Minutes
6 3/4 Cups
45 to 50 Minutes
47 to 52 Minutes
Where To Buy The Aroma ARC-757SG?
The place where I made the purchase of this model is at amazon. You might be able to buy this model at the Aroma official website or it might be possible with Walmart. Other than that these are the following places where I know you can find it.
All of those are from online stores. I really don’t know if it is possible to buy it at your local store or not. It may be possible but might be a little hard to find though. Why not just save the trouble like me and buy it online and let them ship it to you at your front door?
Is It Dishwasher Safe?
I don’t see why you can’t wash it in the dishwasher since it is stainless steel. To be honest I never have washed it in a dishwasher even though I have one. I only hand wash it every time. But to be a little more helpful to you with this question, I have looked it up in my user’s manual.
According to the manual, you can either hand wash the inner pot or use the dishwasher even including the accessories. It is up to you to decide. If you are feeling lazy and not up to washing it yourself then just put it in the dishwasher.
A little note for you to know. When washing all the items in a dishwasher it might cause a little discoloration on the looks but it doesn’t affect its performance.
What’s In The Box?
When I opened the box, it came with the following items.
- The cooker
- A wooden spatula to scoop the cooked rice
- A measuring cup
- User manual
Aroma ARC-757SG Review
The average rating for this Aroma model is pretty high by other users and also it is pretty popular. To tell the truth it is a little hard for me to find a nice looking, right price, and decent stainless steel rice cooker. I have done a lot of research before picking this one. I am giving this rice cooker a rating of 4.5.
Pros And Cons
- It is easy to use. Looks nice. The price is affordable. It works as it is intended to be used.
- Sometimes the cooked rice will stick to the pot if you are not measuring the correct amount of rice and water when you cook. If that happens put water into the bowl and let it soak for about 30 minutes. It should make cleaning up easy. You can try by adding some oil on the bottom of the pot before adding your cleaned rice and water to start cooking.
- A few users are saying it is shooting water out from the venting hole on the cover. I don’t have a problem with that and I have been using it for over three months already. If it does you can use a bigger spoon to cover the venting hole and the spoon won’t fall out. Please check the above image to see what kind of spoon I am using.
Bottom Line: It is the greatest stainless steel rice cooker you can ever ask for in this price. I know there are stainless steel rice cookers that have more functions but they cost way more than this and the rice still sticks to the inner pot.
Both of my three sisters and parents own a stainless steel rice maker that cost them around $180. That is a total of $720.00 for my family to spend on. Not to mention the rice still sticks. I have used my parents’ one to cook for them when I was visiting them and that’s how I know.
It’s also inspiring me to buy one for myself, but not the one they have. Theirs is too expensive and produces the same result with the one I have now. Click here to read more reviews or learn more about this model.
Manual & Warranty
This gadget has a two years limited warranty provided to protect from any defects on materials and workmanship. It is counting from the date you made the purchase. If you ever need the user manual for this model, you may do so by clicking here. The manual is a little hard to read because some of the information is upside down.
By looking at my user manual it has four included recipes for you to try out. Here are the names for the recipes.
- Garden Vegetable Soup
- Classic Mushroom Pilaf
- Hot Apple & Steel-Cut Oats Breakfast
- Pineapple Rice Pudding