The Janome 11706 Hello Kitty sewing machine is an excellent choice to get your little girl to start on sewing. This sewing machine is designed for a newbie or beginner.
If your little girl is a big fan of Hello Kitty then this sewing machine would give a big boost to encourage her to learn how to sew. It also makes a great present for birthday and Christmas.
This is the green Hello Kitty sewing machine with “Sewing Pretty with Hello Kitty” imprint on the front of the machine. Just to let you know, the company of Janome also made a red Hello Kitty sewing machine. It’s just as cute as this one.
Table of Contents
Benefits Of Owning Janome 11706 Hello Kitty Sewing Machine
Here are some of the benefits to help you out on deciding if this sewing machine is the right choice.
- This machine can do eleven different stitches including two stretch stitches. It should be more than enough for a child to learn to sew.
- It is a free arm with removable extension table. That makes it easier to sew things like cuffs and sleeves. The extension table can also be used as an accessory box.
- It has a four step buttonhole.
- The machine has a built-in carrying handle so it makes it easy to bring it to sewing classes without even having a carrying case. Of course you can buy one for it if you want.
- It is lightweight with only 12 pounds.
- If you want to sew in reverse, all you have to do is press the reverse stitch control panel.
- You can also select between the other two foot lifter to normal up position and highest position.
- The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for this machine is lower than other Hello Kitty sewing machines.
Janome 11706 Video
This video might be helpful to you. It is showing you how to thread with the Janome model 11706 machine. As you can see from the video, the machine is very cute and beautiful. The machine doesn’t have an automatic thread cutter. You might want to find a matching Hello Kitty pair of scissors for her by clicking here.
These are the accessories that come with the sewing machine. I do recommend to buy some extra bobbins for bigger projects, threads, and especially needles. Honestly, sewing machine needles are very easy to snap in half. Once it’s been broken, it can’t be used anymore. So it is better to get more needles so you won’t be stopped from finishing your project.
- A set of needles
- Two bobbins
- Steam ripper or buttonhole opener
- Sliding buttonhole foot
- Spool pin felt
Janome 11706 Review
This sewing machine has a really good rating. Many customers are very happy with their purchase. There are only a couple of users who give it a 1 star rating and it is due to manufacturing defects.
If you happen to get a defective machine, you shouldn’t send it to the manufacturer yet. You should check to see if the return or exchange period ended first before sending it back to the manufacturer for repairs and you should also test the machine as soon as you have the time to do so. Don’t wait for the last minute!
Average Consumer Rating: 4.4
Pros And Cons
The sewing machine is cute, small and that makes it easy to travel. It is also sturdy, good quality, doesn’t skip stitches, easy to thread. Many are buying it for their little girl around the age of 6 and up.
It has limitations on sewing fancy stuff but it is more than enough for a beginner like your little girl to sew simple things. And you don’t need a complicated machine to teach the basic stuff.
Manual And FAQ
If you want to take a look at the manual before making that purchase you can do so by clicking here. You might ask the following questions.
1. Would you recommend this sewing machine to a five years old?
Yes, as long as you teach her how to use it. This is not a toy. It is a real sewing machine. She can get hurt with her fingers if you don’t teach her. Please be very patient when teaching. We are not born to know how to do everything.
2. If I want to buy extra bobbins for my sewing projects, can I buy other bobbins make by other brands for the 11706 sewing machine ?
No, you can’t buy other bobbins brands to use on this sewing machine because the size won’t fit with other brands and you will be wasting your money. You can find extra Janome bobbins by clicking here. This is the type of bobbins used for most of the Janome sewing machines.
3. What size of needles do I need to buy for this sewing machine?
The answer to that question is it depends. It is depending on what kind of project you are sewing. The most common needle size is #11 for Janome. You can get some extra #11 needles by clicking here. And you can also use other brand needles like Schmetz, Singer and others to use for this machine. Just be sure it is high quality needles.